Due to scheduled remodeling at the The New Tampa Regional Library, 10001 Cross Creek Boulevard Tampa, Florida 33647-2581,
the Artist on the Month program with NTAL has been suspended
. We will advise membership if/when the program resumes. Requirements
- Must be an active paid member of NTAL
- Must have a body of work, (minimum of (4-6) works depending on size)
- Must have a current biography
- Must have a high resolution jpeg image of the artist in front of their work or working on a piece of art
- Must have images in jpeg format of two to three pieces of your artwork
- Must have business cards and brochures
- Must have access to email for submission of information and communication updates
If you would like to be considered for Artist of the Month, please be sure you meet the criteria, complete the form linked below, and forward it to the designated contact.
Guidelines for Artist of the Month at Tampa Regional Library
- The library is happy to work with our Artist of the Month to coordinate a Meet and Greet Reception during regular library hours. The library also encourages technique demonstrations related to your particular art. Saturdays are particularly good for demonstrations due to increased traffic. It is also a good time to feature something of interest to children. If you wish to schedule a Meet and Greet time, contact Librarian Alison Smith, Director of Programming, at New Tampa Regional Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide her with one or two date and time options for her approval. If you choose to schedule a Meet and Greet, be sure to include this information in your publicity packet.
- No less than 1 month prior to your exhibit, prepare and forward your publicity packet containing a copy of your bio along with some pictures of artwork you are planning to exhibit and an interesting article about you and your artwork to John Henne, VP Publicity at email@example.com. This will create interest and publicity for your artwork both at the library and in local media. About 6 weeks before your scheduled month you will receive a reminder to do this. If you miss sending this on time, the library will be unable to schedule you on their calendar of events.
- Check with the current month's AOM artist the month prior to your exhibit to establish dates and times for taking down their artwork and putting up your artwork.
- Prepare title cards for your pieces, include: title, medium, size and artist name. DO NOT INCLUDE PRICES ON TITLE CARDS.
- Prepare a price list by title. Copies of this list should be given to the Librarian at the Information Desk to forward to interested persons.
- Notify the next month's artist when you will be taking your artwork down. Try to take down and put up artwork on the same day so that the library has continuity of our exhibit space.
- Each artist is responsible for hanging their artwork as well as taking it down in a timely manner. Title cards should be placed on the frame of the artwork and NOT THE WALL. Vertical chains and "S" hooks are ready to hang your framed and wired pieces.
- When you put up your artwork, please also bring a bio (preferably with a picture) and business cards or brochures. There is a small table, acrylic display sleeve and a business card holder in the display area at the library for display of your information.
The Library Program
The North Tampa Arts League partners with the Hillsborough County Friends of the Library to provide visual art displays in selected libraries.
For additional information about the Library Program & Artist of the Month, contact:John Henne, VP Publicity.
Previously Featured Artists